Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Investor activist

john_1
Super Contributor
I have started a group on ticker talk called investor activist. Its ultimate goal is to get a voice and voting power into anual general meetings such that the interest of the small investor is taken care of. I would also like to get seats on the renumeration commitees of listed companies because that is a huge sourse of earnings loss. join and lets get cracking.
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya, this a great idea .. activist may spook some people .. but you collect proxies from private clients and arrive with a vote of note ?? check out the australian investors association .. they serioulsy powerful, sometimes have more then 10% of vote at an AGM ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
yes I recon an arrogant chop like me who, has proved himself willing to take on big tobacco might be quite well suited to take on a few fights like this... how much fun could this be!
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Fantastic idea. Most investors sit back and ignore AGM's. Own up how many of us have had a notifiction from OST about and AGM and we simply dont voice our opinions!
0 Kudos
Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
This is exactly the thing I've been looking for! The small investor needs a voice. John count me in for any help you may need getting this off the ground.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Sounds like a plan.
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
Go for it, John, you have my vote.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
follow link to join .. http://ow.ly/2AlmI ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
well we have 11 people interested in one morning.. go ahead and register..this will be a volumes game
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
Another vote...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
come on people we need thousands of people involved tell your friends, tell you enemies lets go upset the balence of power a little..that will be fun!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Power to the shareholders! An injury to one shareholder is an injury to ALL shareholders! (Hmm... Too much coffee methinks).
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Great idea, u have my support
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Make sure you register on ticker talk because nothing effective could ever be done through this forum alone...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good John i will support.
0 Kudos