Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Investors Choice: Share Tracking offering

Not applicable
Hi, Not sure if any of you are using the above-mentioned. It has been offered to me at a hefty cost of R11650. At first glance, I can't see why it warrants such a price tag seeing that I have Share Magic Lite currently which has more technical indicators. Standard Bank online provides me with fundamental data plus tracks gains and losses and cash movements. They hold out to guarantee that you will make a 40% return over a six month period based upon there recommendations as part of their sales pitch. If any of you are using it or regard it highly, please advise accordingly. At this stage I think it would make more sense to just upgrade to the more advanced Share Magic offering. Regards.
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
cfm
Super Contributor
There are much better options available for far less than the price tag of ShareTrackin
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the crux is in the guarantee. Teh software is amassively over priced - but if you can hold them to the guarantee, well then things get interesting (especially if you start with a few bar). But from media reports the guarantee is worthless.
0 Kudos
TraderSteve
Frequent Contributor
WARNING!!! Click on my alias and find the share tracking threads. This should help you make up your mind.
0 Kudos
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
Beast, they are useless. They never pitch with a laptop. Demand a live demo by the sales agent; I have never heard them actually giving this requested live demo, definately not for me and I asked several times. Spend your money on wine instead, even cheap wine is better than this *****.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Green beast....a call to one of their sales people was featured here....if you cannot judge what they are about by just listening to that call I suggest you don't ever attempt to trade....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
in any case their is a rule in life ...never buy anything from anyone who wears a gold chain outside their polo neck...
0 Kudos
CAB
Contributor
Against my fair warning, a colleague went ahead and "invested" in this package, also sold on that 40% return "guarantee". He has yet to make his initial output on the package. I also used it on his behalf and Amibroker is as good as.....the crux is that the trader still has to pull that trigger twice - at buy AND sell time! His own decision that the machine cannot make...well not yet anyway!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
in any case their is a rule in life ...never buy anything from anyone who wears a gold chain outside their polo neck...
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
I bought it 3 years and 2 months ago. I paid R4500. I knew any guarantees of income is BS. I did not have any major problems with them, and if there ocurred a problem, I fought till I was happy. Bottom line is that you need a program to download prices. Sharetrakin have a large selection of nice indicators, but I would not pay more than R5000 for it. Their cunning salespeople sold a program to my neighbour who did not realise that making money is not as easy as they told him. He never used it and never traded - he would sell his program - let me know if you want his number.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
bottom line is you could get this for free!!!!
0 Kudos
Mol
Frequent Contributor
In my town I know 11 people who bought it. never used it never traded.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Robbie....I think your phrase "I fought till I was happy" says it all...you are the one handing over the ridiculously inflated amount of R 5000 ....you should not be having to fight with them....I can highly recommend Amibroker...I have visited these guys and can vouch for a very high level of service as well as a commitment to after sales service...
0 Kudos
Dilligaff2
Frequent Contributor
On yr marks
Get set
Go
And forumites' views on Richard Cluver's ShareFinder?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
D. Did you not recommend Richard Cluver's ShareFinder to me when i bought PHM?
0 Kudos
Dilligaff2
Frequent Contributor
Mr P
'Frayed knot' or tatty piece of string? It was not me. My views on PHM are all historical and trend-based having (luckily!) applied at IPO :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks a million for all your input. I'm going to continue with my Share Magic lite software that I'm currently using and rather keep the R11k aside for trading capital. Much appreciated all. Regards.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
There seems to be so many products offering so many things. What IS worth spending the money on? I liked the look of AmiPro - does it do what it proposes in the advertising. Or, is ShareMagic Light about all one needs? What does ShareMagic Pro offer that tops the light version? And is Light really necessary when Sbk Ost offers so much already? With ADSL it all feels like a waste of money unless it can really do something very special. I took up an annual sub with Profile Media direct as a back-up for off days. Any more opinions on what NOT to touch, or what is really outstanding?
0 Kudos