Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Invicta special divvie

Barend1206
Contributor
From Sens I see they are looking to do a special div of R1.5 billion. Am I correct that this equates to R19.85 per ordinary share? And then there will be a rights issue for R2 billion after that?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
I also worked it out to in the 19 rands and yes then a rights issue at 10 20% discount.....
0 Kudos
Barend1206
Contributor
It seems - and I can be missing the plot here - that this transaction is beneficial to big shareholders who wish to sell some their shares and not pay CGT in their trusts? Rather get a div and not take up the rights later. Will be interesting to see what shareholding directors have left after this plays out.
0 Kudos
Quantum_leap
New Contributor
Hi Barend, in my opinion, it does seem as though the major shareholders will be able to forego the cost differential between CGT and DWT (~30%). Correct me if I'm wrong but if Christo had to cash out the special divi while maintaining 27m indirect shareholding. And assuming: - Dilution on flat earnings of 32% (earnings 580m @ 108m shares = 536cps) - CGT at 45% - DWT at 15% It seems as though the transaction allows an additional return of 37% (~R43m) than if the special divi was taxed at CGT 45%. But should all investors reinvest 100% of the special divi, the dilution from the rights issue would be slightly less than an outright rights issue of only R750m (the difference between the rights issue and the special divi). This slightly lower level of dilution would be because of the differential between CGT and DWT. I guess the real question is how high will the participation rate by the major shareholders be.. especially considering the potential CGT DWT differential benefit. In the circular major shareholders representing ~72% of ordinary shares and ~17% of prefs have provided irrovocable commitments to vote in favour of the proposed resolutions 'and/or' to participate in the capital raise. Interested to know your thoughts..
0 Kudos
jeanpant
Not applicable
Can someone please explain why the rights offer is at such a massive discount to recent share price? Directors have been buying recently at prices above the R100 level... surely this dilution will have a long lasting devastating effect on the share price?
0 Kudos