Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Iphone - access to standbank website

Darren23
Not applicable
I want to get an Iphone, can we access the trading account via the Iphone?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no, you need to use opera mini and the iphone won't allow you to download the browser ..
0 Kudos
cashing_in
Occasional Contributor
i'm currently using a nokia e75 and running operah mini on it. i can access the trading account but CANNOT execute trades...which cell phone should one get?
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I bought the iPhone and am very happy with it. Can't trade but I just don't need to that much. Lemmie tell you - if it's a choice between SBK or the iPhone...the iPhone stays.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I got the e71 and i also cant execute trades. only log onto the site
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I know everyone always says install opera mini, I have a very cool BlackBerry Java App that connects to my account at TD Ameritrade, very good user experience and functionality. I still think it would be awesome of OST would look into developing a java-based app for trading/viewing ones account that is compatible with iPhone and another for BlackBerry, maybe once those 2 are done another for Android, these are the leading smartphones in my opinion and would open up a whole new market segment. These little apps much more efficient than always opening a website, especially if the site is not designed for mobile use...
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
No chance unless you could prove it'd be worth their while, and multiple apps and codebases for different phones is huge effort. Especially when it'd be much easier to just make a phone-oriented site because they already have the tested code for much of it.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
a dedicated mobile site would be cool as well. in USA how they do it is the service app is not provided by TD Ameritrade but by some third-party that uses their API...
0 Kudos