Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Is Capitec not just unbelievable!

Werner_1
Super Contributor
thanks, i think some of the banks could have issues, but the ones i like i am quite sure have excellent management (will tell you in email something) and i am sure will do well over long term, thats what i am in them for. JPMC is very well capitalised and the risk management is very good. i am comfortable with my decision to back Jamie! Citi will be a bargain when i buy it, i can tell you that, will let you know next year this time what has happened to my decisions though... People said the same when i bought/promoted CPI more than 1.5 years ago.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Yip, and a dollar in a downward spiral won't help matters either.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
they are taking 60c/ dollar on a profitable company..something not right.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Citi offers excellent prospects, JPMorganChase has the best management and i have some other reasons for liking the CEO, but i've got my ideas and i know it will work well over time. The shares i got offered excellent discounts to value and these are unbelievably large international organisations (not all their cash comes from USA) so they also earn more when USD drops... Our currency is not the most stable in the world either... global diversification is always good in my opinion, what if Malema does something and the ZAR drops?
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
This article certainly does not do a lot for the confidence in the USA financial system. Some very valid questions... how to you go from bancrupt to hugely profitable in 18 months. How do you justify paying more than 50% of your profits as bonusses? http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/32255149/wall_streets_bailout_hustle/print
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
It seems like you guys dont like the big US banks. Did you see what profits could be made, i personally know several US investors with lots of cash that made huge profits, e.g. Citi went from $1 - $4 since the crisis, this is expected to continue... And JPMC also made some good profits for investors. and long term this past crisis was the one-in-a-lifetime buying opportunity that i can say i took part in... Just look at the deals that JPMC and Jamie Dimon closed and tell me if you think they will disadvantage the shareholders. One must select carefully and only buy with a good margin of safety.
0 Kudos