Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Is anybody going to New York?

john_1
Super Contributor
I am needing a small favour if you are going. I am needing to get a package of tobacco samples to the retired chairman of Phillip Morris. My problem is that you can not fedex tobacco( to stop illicit trade). You are however allowed to carry it on board the plane in large amounts. The pack is only 6 boxes and I promise to reward you with a big sloppy kiss if you can help out. Pease mail me on [email protected]
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
AJT
Super Contributor
sorry, just got back...
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
My mother warned me against carrying parcels of dagga abroad - know of a guy that goes on 16th Nov, however he will rather carry the knives he manufactures to NY. :-)
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
Sorry - also just got back.
0 Kudos
Shado
Contributor
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
you missing out - great city...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and gettign cheaper by the day ..
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
quite right, but accomodation still not cheap - food fairly cheap and still have the best pitza in the world...
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
And this is how people end up in a 4x4 cell eating dry bread and water
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
The retired chairman of Phillip Morris can not arange for tobacco samples to reach him ???..........mmmmm he must be really retired...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Serriously.. I can send them from Philip Morris in Cape Town but I am not really wanting these guys to know I am having this conversation right up at the top... The guys name iS GEOFF BIBLE he has made more money for investors then any other ceo in History.. Google him.. and no its not illigal drugs I mean really if I was looking for a drug mule do you really think I would be doing it here. The problem is you need an import permit for cigarettes. The reservations are duty free so they make smokes and post them arround the states..this has been stopped by this permit.. that why I need somebody actually going to new york.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
should say US history.. PMI has compounded divs at arround 25% for decades...Buffoon eat your heart out.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Bible gave up smoking in 2000 on hisdoctor's advice. As Stan Shatenstein commented: "While we would never expect a lingerie company's male CEO to wear a bra, it's inconceivable that a car company boss would choose not to drive, or that the head of the Meat Board would become a vegetarian as retirement approached. But tobacco companies appear to have no trouble with their executives' defections from the ranks. Is it possible that with the prospect of rich retirement stretching out ahead of him, Bible feared early death at the end of the tobacco road?" Being a non smoker myself, and after considering to assist, I'd rather not.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The dude is 73, plays golf,squash and spends 6 weeks sking a year... how many 73 year old do you know do that. Smoking kills that is the simple fact.We have known that since the 60's yet still to this day 23% of all humans smoke. It is still the most consumed thing on the plannet with the average that every man woman and child "smokes" 3 cigarttes a day...6 trillion smokes/ 6 billion people or said differently thats 1000 smokes per person a year. So do you really think any shareholder gives a flying f##k if the CEO is not one of those dumb enough to smoke!!
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Sure thing. Heard the story? of guy that smoked all his life as if that was the only important thing - passed away at age of 93. So everybody was specualting afterwards which age was possible for him had he not smoked.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
You wouldn't happen to be Nigerian, would you?
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
LOL - How did you guess? Nah!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Going to Canada soon for a while so if he can arrange someone at Toronto or Niagara Falls to take it to US then I will help...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Again after Buffett... Buffett is after all the second richest american, that says it all. Any idea of the total capital value over that time and not only the dividend growth?
0 Kudos