Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Is calgro over bought...

fressa
Regular Contributor
or is there still value in getting in at these levels (579c)?
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
weren't you pondering that yesterday at around 525c .. now 575c .. small caps be tricky, sure the recent moves been crazy, but have a peak at the POY chart, crazy doesn't mean much, could go higher before a pull back that could only pull back to 600 ??
an yes I own it, so talking book an all ..
0 Kudos
Pepi
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
fressa
Regular Contributor
ya, ive been pondering this this Keith first mentioned it. ive lost out on 50% already, hence my hesitation. just wondering how much harder this is gonna run.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you also asked the same question at the 450 mark. If you were unable to make a commitment then, and are asking the same question now, then I would say that this stock is not for you. Buying at the top end of a rally is never a good thing - but if you absolutely believe in the CGR growth story - i.e. R10 a share, then I would recommend a cost averaging strategy for you. Personally, I think this stock is in a massive growth market. Tokyo Sexwale was quoted as saying 8000 such projects of theirs are in the DHS's pipeline - and CGR has what - 3 of them. Huge growth. You are probably still buying their current operations at a discount (you need to apply an NPV model), which means that the market more than likely hasn't priced in any 'potential future projects'. IE you will get a return for your money on the current investment - but you have upside possibility if a new project comes online.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
..and RBA (market cap R65m) under new leadership and strategic direction only needs one of those projects to soar...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya fressa your bus has departed, sure as heck CGR will go higher, til the moment you buy and then it will collapse .. so forget about buying, but go back and work out what made you hesitate at 450c and again st 525c .. why did you like it but were to afraid to buy it ?? so that next time you can buy without fear ..
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Fressa,remember what does not make you richer, makes you stronger.
0 Kudos
fressa
Regular Contributor
thanks guys. I knew it was a winner (as we all do in hind sight) but got burnt with Seakay a few years ago. being in the same space i got nervous :(. anyway, i suppose like everything in life, another opportunity will come up. thanks for all your input.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sellers drying up a bit, albeit buyer size not picking up at all ..
0 Kudos
fressa
Regular Contributor
let the sell off begin. im getting in at 500c
0 Kudos
Not applicable
lol...do I hear a faint sob?
0 Kudos
fressa
Regular Contributor
Nope, its a VERY VERY loud, (ugly faced) tearly bellow of a tantrum :/
0 Kudos
______
Occasional Contributor
Someone mentioned RBA below. Is this an alternative to CGR?
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
If it goes back to R5.00 a lot of us will be stopped out so you will find plenty sellers.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
yes i think it was Topgun!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sorta, so is seakay .. but both way behind the curve .. seakay basically bust, rba went into rentals which killed their balance sheet
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
point is, don;t buy the losers hoping they become winners .. just buy the winners ..
0 Kudos