Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Is it a good time to stoc on WEZ

Marno_1
Regular Contributor
Would you say it is a good time to stoc on WEZ. I cannot see it go any lower as the current price.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Mr_S
Super Contributor
iv seen it go from R8 down to this price my man, and all the way down, people said it cnt go lower....i am waiting for a price that i would be comfortable with...like 30c
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
What makes u think it will go to 30c...
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
because i thought 100c was the lowest it could possibly go...besides, look at all the information coming out regarding platinum lately....prices have fallen etc, i dont see any reason why this share would rise...i see it continually falling...
0 Kudos
Marno_1
Regular Contributor
The oversupply of Platinum will only last so long. It is destine to rise again. I am prepared to play the waiting game. The thing now is to stock up at the best prises.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
The waiting game: the best price is that price when fundamentals are still good, but price is down becos of noise...every now and then the market serves a bargain(buffet I think said that....).Platinum mines want a bank bailout, you might as well buy banks?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am not shooting down the principle of buy low sell high, but for us small investors, there is also the principle of the time value of money. If you are limited to spreading your capital amongst say 5 or 6 stocks,(a strategy much championed by Buffet) you certainly don't want any of those stocks to be parking off at the bottom for 5 years when you could have channelled that money into something currently on a growth cycle.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
If you're prepared to play the waiting game why not just buy the best platinum shares around - Implats, Lonmin etc. ? These blue chips are the first that will run when the industry get back on it's feet. Why add additional risk by buying something that might not survive this consolidation in the market. Blue chips are always the first to return to former glory because they usually have the capacity to with stand turbulent market conditions. I believe that the platinum market needs to shake some of the former players and have some consolidation among the mid tier players before we'll see the light in this sector.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
0 Kudos