Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Is it overpriced?

kawcha
Contributor
Hi, with the recent disappointing result, is this share a little overpriced? The fundamentals are not looking very good, but I see share price is holding on the support level. (But high PE ratio) Any views on the long term in this company and the industry? Thank you.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
don't like the industry at all
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I bought GRF and AEG at the same time about 16 months ago. One is up 76%, the other i down 40%. Sold out AEG on Friday to utilise the loss. Don't think I'll get back in for a while on this one as the industry and more so this company is still sick.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
in 2009, Aveng turnover was 34bn - and net margin was 6%. EPS came in at 540cps. In 2013 - Aveng showed a whopping R51bn in turnover - amazing top line growth - but net margin is less than 1% - eish! What do you say about a company that does 50% growth in its turnover but has 1/5th the EPS? I would say it is in a declining industry. Conventional strategies in these kinds of industries calls for mergers or takeovers. Watch this space ...
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
At PE of 21 this is high risk given results and state of industry. If you are keen on this industry there are other construction firms such as GRF, MUR ,RBX etc that offer better valuations and lower risk omo.
0 Kudos
kawcha
Contributor
Thank you for the input, I am actually on the short side.
0 Kudos
kawcha
Contributor
So what is the cause of the 2 day rally? Is it something to do with currency value changes?
0 Kudos