Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Is it the right time to buy JDG?

Not applicable
This share seem to be cheap and it seems to me like great value? The possible interest rate hike could make the share go even cheaper? Please let me if you have a a different thought1
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Wumpus
Frequent Contributor
If I had spare cash I'll throw it all into JD group and Momentum. But sadly..., getting the Bond to zero is the first priority for the next 3 years and 4 months.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Previously I posted a similar type request to the forum, and many of the people wrote back to say they would hold off for a bit. Maybe see where interest rates are going. Also possibility Rand volatility may have a role in keeping investors out for the moment. I am keen to get into JDG - but may wait a bit longer.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
My 5c worth...JDG is not a furniture retailer but a finacial services company that packages their loans and micro lending aroung the sale of furniture. So I think it should be evaluated as such, and in the current climate of possible interest rake hikes to come, more bad depts may occur.. Now the market is forward looking and has probably fully discounted this, however the way they sell their loans has come into question so in a recovering market they may still inderperform,
0 Kudos
Not applicable
inderperform they might, but I'd say a break above R47 would be my buy signal
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
along with the bad depts.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
in their market that is how you spell it!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
And you can subtract 3c for the spelling mistakes.
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
With the interest rate hike expected, and increasing inflation, it is going to affect their market even more and a further slow down in sales and increase in their bad debt book. Reckon it will go cheaper before it recovers.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A certain someone (whom shall not be mentioned here becaws I don't sleep well on the couch) thawt it was cheap at 74. Then this someone, whom, again, I won't mention, thawt it was cheap at 62. An then 50...
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Dont think its a good idea to buy anything at the moment.
0 Kudos