Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Is it time to buy CSO?

DEP
Super Contributor
... Is it time to buy CSO - UK REIT? Its come out a bit in the past week... R38.80 is close to the low for the year!
0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
surey you buy something at the high of the year, not the low ?? anyways, did you read the sens of this morn ??
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Yes, its good news in medium term... possible bad in the short term.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
what, further dilution ??
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
They are issuing shares for income steam... Neutral in my books. Market just using this as a excuse to pull price down so someone can pick it up cheaper.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
issuing shares for income steam ?? surely they should run their business for income stream ?? they issueing shares for purchases, debt is a way better method as you pay it back and it is gone .. issued shares you pay for forever and forever ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Yield of 5.58% ... Sens quote:"It is expected that the Acquisition and the Placing would have a neutral impact on earnings per share in the first full year and on net asset value per share"
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well sure they say that, and heck lets assume it is true .. and that is about the deal .. my issue is hwo they payiong for it .. .. they (read share holders) pay for this forever as they used shares .. debt a much better option as you pay it off over a few years, then it is all settled .. shares you pay for forever as they earn EPS nd dividends for ever .. so it's not about the short term but rather that they have a perpetual obligation for this 'debt' ??
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
If I read between the lines - the seller "Peel Group" wants shares rather than cash, hence if the deal go through Peel group become the biggest shareholder in CSO = 20%. English billionaire John Whittaker is the "big boy" at Peel Group. So if its good for Mr Whittaker its good for me! Q? where will they pitch the new shares at?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Hmmm 5.5% up today
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and that's my point .. Peel Group want shares coz then they get paid forever .. existing share holders are paying forever .. which side would you want to be on ??
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
your argument makes no sense...
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Missed opportunity!!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lol, OK last chance .. then we can move on .. when you pay somebody with shares, you pay them forever as those shares have rights on earnings forever .. debt is paid off just once, then it is paid ?? this is why a rights issue is the last option for funding .. straight debt always better coz it is finite ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Yep, "bad deal"according to you... Shares up 5% today. How do you explain that? :/ Now i'll have to wait...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
come on .. you better then price equals reality .. it was down 5% yesterday .. so if anything = confused ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Ja, Ja ... 9% up today. I am disappointed at myself (listing to dumb argument on this site)... been watching this company for over a month!!!
0 Kudos
ET
Contributor
The reason theyâ_Tre up today is coz of the second sens, letter from Simon Property Group with a potential cash offer for CSO at an unspecified premium to NAV. Nothing to do with yesterdayâ_Ts announcement or how they want to fund that deal.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Just buy the bloody shares already. If you're so sure about this share, why share your concerns with this forum, just to argue against advice different from your own point of view. I've posted on a few shares I've thought were good buys. All came off very nicely and you will always find the pessimists shooting your choices down. I've always ignored whose posts, seeing that I never punt a share before I've done my own technical and fundamental analysis. I don't fish for advice before I buy. I buy first and then post.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
I read the sens this morning... point is I was prepared to pay R39 yesterday, I will not pay R41.50 today (be waiting for a month, i think i miss it). Will have to wait... :(
0 Kudos