Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Is panic going to set in? If it does then further downside? China down 5%?

Not applicable
Reported that China and Japan not faring well - did I hear China down about 5%
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
China down 5.79, Nikkei down 3.1, HSI down 3.62 Does not look good. Us futures down 1.8...
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Who cares about China - Average PE close to 25, so they van drop 15% without blinking and still be expensive relative to 1st world markets.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
The market is due for a pull back/test support levels. Also the market is showing tech signs of topping, bearish div on rsi, double top ect, the bears are likely to control the market in the short term.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya don't worry abotu china market, tis jst legalised gambling .. an this hardly panic, after 15% in the last month or so, this so far just a heathly pull back ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My personal opinion is that its going to turn into an unhealthy correction. ALSH should drop to about 22000. OMO
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
that's 10% or so .. not much really ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no.we may see a short term correction-max 5-8% down i am using this new website www.tradingguru.co.za--very good
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Support for the ALSI is at about 23100 looking at the rising short bterm channel. This is simply a short term correction.....there are still much higher targets in place from massive confirmed inverse H&S patterns. This correction won't last long and will be half hearted.....the rally will continue in due course.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
LOL! An unhealthy correction. Now there is something I haven't heard before.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I agree, this is most probably just a retracement with some pretty decent long setups shaping up. going to start a separate thread on the issue
0 Kudos