Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Is this the long-awaited start of the bull?

BAP
Regular Contributor
I see very little discussion on the sustainability of this uptrend - overseas and locally. Also have little time to monitor all the news from abroad. Are stress tests, unemployment figures, oil inventory levels etc. etc. now so positive that we can jump on board or what do the bears say? Got closed out on a few long positiobns a week ago and now reluctant to get basck in at these levels - SOL, BHP etc.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
Be greedy when everyone is fearful and be fearful when everyone is greedy.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
There's quite a bit of discussion out there and there are arguments for both sides. The rally is artificial but it could be a case of "fake it til you make it".

There are some very big risks still out there that have been swept aside due to the short collective attention span of the media. I'm a bear until I see that they're sorted.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Be greedy when everyone else is fearful, lol. Buy when these bear rally loaders start selling and running with the profits they made.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Once people start saying the bull is back - we are going to start falling.......soon I tell you
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Its not until it is, and it is until its not...
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
We're squeezing awefully close to the level of the neckline on the reverse head and shoulders.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I am not going to say much, but every bull market starts off as a bear rally, not?
0 Kudos
BAP
Regular Contributor
Ok - Not much wiser but thanks! Interesting that commodities and most shares up whereas they moved in inverse directions previously, but banks still suffering a bit?
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Watch as the Dow gets slapped, how our markets is going to free-fall! Be cautious be very cautious
0 Kudos