Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

It's a One-week Popper !

Not applicable
yes, she can.GLD can do the R96 from her current R92....She did it in June 2010 =C'mon Rand,Give us a tumble.You know you wanna.
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
PaulC
Super Contributor
Hahahahaha. I love your optimism. I own gold and id love to see it do that but me thinks there is more chance of sideways / corrective USD gold action which would offset any rise in GLD brought about by ZAR weakness. Id sit that trade out.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yup..it's a difficult one to call.She's on a Demand-based Point and Figure Buy signal.The mkts overall, need a pullback.That will see a brief Rand sell-off....and that vaults GLD to resistance of R96, Where I sell half my CFD load.....$$###$$ and other lovely dreams on a Tuesday at a desktop in the Western Cape on another perfect day in CT.I like that.And no flock of Sea Gulls wailing on my car as they fly overhead,this morning....thus,Looking goooo-d.Coffee's real,etc.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well it popped .. just down, gold just lost $30 since lunch ..
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That was thanks to China raising interest rates. Caused a massive stir. Yes, The Rand is almost back to R7. Not much has happened to GLD lately, just going sideways for now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Lovely....volatility.Now let's see how the %-drop in ZAR$ vs $Gold computes. Gold is very powerful.It can easily take back that $30. So, looking for a dodge between the raindrops for a quick Snack at the Quick-trade line.Saddle Up !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, went right through 1352 and 1340. I am expecting a lot of people to buy on this pull back. Hang on.............buckle up for the roller coaster rife :-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Interesting little factoid...The Stochastics on the GLD weekly chart has done it 3x in a row now. When that red line on the Stochastic taps the 80 mark....GLD boosts. She did it on the weekly candle dated 18 Oct.Please do it again.That's a good girl.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Add the above to a positive Crossover of 10-wk MA above 20-wk MA and yet again...the PRICE boosts.Go take a look.Harry Potter showed me.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Struggling to break 1250........Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmon............................................. 1once 1250 breaks we fly up again.................and make new highs :p
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Struggling to break 1350........Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmon............................................. 1once 1350 breaks we fly up again.................and make new highs :p (SORRY MEANT 1350 )
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Wild Horses,snap.Wild Horses....
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
If we could short GLD I may have been tempted todo so. IN fact no I wouldnt. I would have waited for it to pullback like it is. If we start tracking down below 1280 look out below. Im hoping you not still in that long trade!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Pullback is good.Bull-trend.I add to my position at R89.50 Always, with Risk-profiling. Gold has tremendous Asian Central Bank forces in play.Thus pullbacks will be sucked up quickly.Volatility ? Always.The Rand is facing tremendous resistance from 6.73/$....Cool.Let's play.
0 Kudos