Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Italy - Rome and Tuscanny

divz
Super Contributor
Taking my family of 4 on a holiday to Italy in April - Rome and Tuscanny - any suggestions regarding reasonably priced accomodation in either of the places. Preferably self catering not hotel or B&B. Also any good areas to stay and of course places not to miss.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
kwagga
Super Contributor
Too many sites to mention in Rome - you need a few jam packed days to see everything, but don't miss the Roman forum, Trevi Fountain, Spanish steps, Colosseum, Vatican, Pantheon and many more castles, bridges, Arches, Museums etc.etc. Tuscany was just a drive through for us. Stop in Florence and visit the Ponte Vechio bridge & Duomo, and the Uffizi museum and eat all you can Gellato. Amazing place to visit.
0 Kudos
kels
Contributor
I know it sounds far too touristy but I have found that to do a bus tour for a day or half day is the best way of seeing the major sights and also understanding the background to the history of the city.I have done it in Florence,London,Edinburgh,Dublin ,New York City and a couple of others and have yet to be dissappointed.If they have the Hop-on Hop-off variety you can choose where to get off to spend more time or else just sit on the bus and take in what the guide has to say.Every time I say I don't want to do the bus thing my wife convices me and she lands up being right!
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Thanks guys, i am hoping to get a bed close to the spanish steps so in walking distance of a lot of sights. I enjoy walking a city especially Paris.The bus thing also sounds cheesy but must agree its a great way to learn the history behind the sites we have also done the same in Paris, london and Prague.Tuscany i will hire a car and just enjoy the food and wine and whatever sites there are in the area.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
you are going to love it..
0 Kudos
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
Don't miss Siena when you're in Tuscany. I guess you already have Pisa on your list ...
0 Kudos
Flash
Occasional Contributor
Check out www.tripadvisor.com. Lots of reviews on accomodation, so you won't land up in a dump.
0 Kudos