Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

JD Group -High probability trade

kwagga
Super Contributor
Target 47.70 - 10%. Stop loss close below R40 (-7%). Good fundamentals backing the move to R47 up. http://chartupload.com/viewer.php?file=29996669338081204485.jpg OMO.
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
kwagga
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I agree,also a positive divergence on my MACD Lower low/Higher low(could not see on your macd)
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yes, divergence on stochastic also
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I missed the bus on this one today. I hate chasing shares and this one simply ran away today. Maybe it retraces sometime in the future.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
10% profit vs. 7% loss is not a good trade .. take into account costs, spread and slippage and you have at best a 1:1 risk:reward ratio .. that far from a good trade ..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I'm buying the underlying share, so slippage not really and issue and the odds of this one ever reaching that R40 mark is very limited in the near future. That's what makes it a high probability trade. I just love when fundamentals and technicals play in harmony. I tried getting into this one @42.50, and it closed up R44, and momentum will carry it even higher today. That R47 mark will be reached very soon.omo
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
geared or not same story ..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
If I was in the trade, I would have been in the money. That's really all that matters. The discipline and price makes it a good trade Simon, nothing else matters.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
There are lots of buses.Make sure you jump on next time.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
kwag .. disagree 100% that the only thing that matters is would you have made money ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
NO NO Simon you cannot belly flop like that....u tell me that all that matters is that u had discipline and traded well...when I say all that matters (in the final analysis) is that you made money you say Im wrong?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ah ok I C you saying the same thing i am apologies...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
he he,depends where you put the punctuation.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
i dont see you saying the same thing?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Ja, ja Simon. I get your point. Let's not go there again. I'd hate to start the price and dicipline debate again and spoil the taste of my chili stir fry.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
That R47 target was missed by 1c yesterday, but all in all a good day to take profit. The target for all practical reasons was reached.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Good time to take profit. Moving into overbought territory.
0 Kudos