Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

JOHN Around ... any other gap traders

saash
Super Contributor
Would todays' open be considered a gap? The fall happened on the after market trading, so I'm just not sure.
0 Kudos
46 REPLIES 46
Not applicable
A gap is a gap. With the US futures looking to go red, the gap close might be on. Wait for us to enter the gap.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Vitalstats you from Bloem ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yip, had some guy phone me from ishare, they have a get together 1's a week, ( From FX to Daytraders ) sounds good !!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And the funny thing is at Luigi From West end is part of them :-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'd like to get together with some people that also do trading.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hi Saash.. Sure.. but more to the point is the huge jump up on the consumer confidence numbers.. that kind of jump is likley to be equalized before we move on...the only thing that bothers me is that with our own bad news, convention says, we drop...but markets tend to move against convention...my point.. don't jump the gun..if its going to unfold it will let you know.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I haven't committed anything, just wondering about the move. Direction won't commit. We got bad news, and internationally there's good news. I see our currency is holding. This can go either way, really. If we loose currency strength, with international markets so happy, it "could" send us into another rally. The way I see it, anything can happen.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ya the recession is in the price..thats why we lost half our value last year
0 Kudos
Not applicable
whith the nyse testing a quarter high, it will sure be interesting to see what happens once the nyse opens today.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
And this odd three tops we got? Testing that level a few too many times for my liking. Its like we want to get through it, but can't find enough to commit to it. I think its going to go down, and visit that gap we left open a few weeks back.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
ya that was quite a battle but worth it
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
Took an afternoon nap and missed the whole thing!
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
No gap too far or wide or unlikely to be closed.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
now my bank account will tell you otherwise.. gaps fail often
0 Kudos