Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

JSE bull run or bear trap? Short term must see more downside......

Ninja
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
_nova
Super Contributor
Not neccessarily short term. This run can go fo a while still. But a BEAR trap? Yes definitely
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
correction, I mean bull trap. Bulls set bear traps and vice versa.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
short 19108 keep over night ? boy I going to kick myself !
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
yes....meant bull trap......Dow looks to be running out of steam today.....with such huge swings in the market, momentum builds and falls quickly in either direction....
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
how much more downside do u think is possible? i dont understand what is driving these upswings in the market right now, maybe someone can explain??
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
euphoria more than anything else, and off course some some super low valuations. Bear market rallies are usually very aggressive. Go look at rallies in the 1929 market. As to how low? anyone's guess, but I'm pretty sure that we haven't bottomed yet.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
nova what do u then think i should do in your opinion, cos i was going to put a few bucks into REI, think i should wait? volumes on this are pretty high, and im doing FA on the company and seems ppl have super confidence in the Rupert Family, any views?
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Mr S, I'm nowhere near qualified to give anyone advice and REI is not a stock I'm looking at. I focus purely on resources, index futures and FX as it's my knowledge areas. However, that said, Johan Rupert put 49 bars into REI today, and a Rupert does not invest in anything he's not sure of. I think MTN also bought big into REI. All I can say is make sure you read up on REI, where their core focus is, are they a recession hedge, do they have cash, and then make your decision. Sorry I can't give you more but I'm really not experienced enough to do so and I honestly know nothing about REI
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
lol sorry im a rookie, wats 49 bars?? and im researching the company now, everythin is pointing to a buy in this, so ima put some bucks in 2mor, thanks tho :-) super nova!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
0 Kudos