Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

JSE is lagging big time

stores
Super Contributor
OK Guys...I posted the question..but a good debate afterwards about price action. Thanks. My questoin was probably not clear...What I really want to know is why the JSE is lagging other markets. (i.e on 1 April DOW was 14579 and now and yesterday 14719; FTSE level. JSE went from 39861 to 38783. Why are we lagging?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the correlation between JSE and global markets is about zero .. the closest we have is FTSE100 on 15 minute chart vs. Top40 .. has been for about the last decade and no reason why that would change ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and whatever your question was...it was answered..."nobody knows"...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and as for the confusion, Thresh has recommended:'Anyway - when one is confused - go back to basics"
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Thanks Simon..I will ignore the garbage below.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Ja ,well, even Simon could not assist with your confusion , until you cleared up....
0 Kudos
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
I see the market as a puppet with a few million strings attached ............Remember our market went up and peaked before the Dow etc....showing the way ahead....
0 Kudos