Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

JSE looking for direction

Ninja
Super Contributor
After Friday's drop in the Dow, futures now look flat and uncertain....me thinks with uncertainty in the futures we will drift slowly into the red...
0 Kudos
44 REPLIES 44
Not applicable
alsi fut down 245 points, will be a slow pull away i agree we shall end red today
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
down 245? But alsi futures only opens at 8.30am ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
simon on your next interview with cnbc, ask them how can they give us such figures, got the figures from cnbc
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Simon thats from the cash close we opened only 20 points down.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Time to look for a long on AGL - heading for long term support again.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya, tis the reuters mtm close .
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Brazen i agree, have gone long on ARI looking for a bounce to R107
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
See one of the things discussed at the summit is the limiting of bankers' bonuses. Snigger.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya, vary sad . so I am starting a new business, based on werners forever portfolio. I'll sell fat people clean water wrapped in expensive boxes ...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
And I'm gonna start a business selling fat people Liqourice Allsorts. We should talk.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It might e too early for entering long. If it breaks that support line, AGL will be sinking. The bounce is not that convincing OMO
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Ja, if it breaks AGL is toast. But it is solid support and if it breaks I will bail v fast.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A bounce of a share that is 7% in the red... That's trying to make a call for the turning point before the share actually turns. A bit of gambling, but I have to say VERY tempting...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Not gambling. 186 level is very long term support, and it has bounced very solidly from there before. No guarantees but a calculated risk. Also, you will know very quickly if you are wrong.
0 Kudos
Tom168
Frequent Contributor
At this moment in time rather stay short!!! even if you get in and have a bounce on AGL it might open way down the support then u will be in trouble.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If the Dow turns green, I'd say you might give it a chance, but else I'd still be a bit cautious.
0 Kudos