Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

JSE system fault

Pam_1
Regular Contributor
JSE off - is this happening more frequently than before? Not good for RSA future credit ratings. Hope it gets solved soon, not nice to see good trades on SAFEX TOPI index coming and going and cannot trade them via this platform.
0 Kudos
32 REPLIES 32
Not applicable
only since they became BEE compliant...............
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
narrow minded, i assume you were short, most of the best performing companies on the jse are bee compliant
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Why couldn't this have happen on Friday?????????
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
I think the problem is a little bigger than the JSE... the FTSE is also halted. The DAX still running and tracking sideways
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
the fact that the exchanges can not handle volumes shows the amazing level of emotion out there today...If you are not clear headed and calm turn off your screens untill you are...
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
and how!... the way the bollies are tightening in an almost linear channel on the shorter intervals speak volumes of what can and probably will happen on the first indication of a break either way
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
that is more a funtion of the fact that the futures markets are trading blind relative to the cash markets. very little happen untill 1.30pm or the exchanges re-open methinks...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Perhaps a small *****tail is in order. To calm the nerves.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
safex is not trading.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
geh geh I never thought a doppietjie would be considered foul language. Try koktail Brazen
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hmm, reuters not updating since 10.45am on safex
0 Kudos
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
IG Index alve and trading actively all morning.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
get a refund... DWT is for free!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Maybe the JSE is protesting in solidatiry with MR Zuma hence it has halted trading, it will resume after the court date of our not so guilty future Pres
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Are you saying that Zuma is innocent?
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
As far as I recall the last time this happened was an up day as well.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Every bull in the land sees an entry level and the JSE malfunctions. This also happens on sharp downward movements.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Firslty this is the LSE's fault, but i see after you saw that you still didn't retract your comments. What i suppose you are off to Australia tomorrow then, where justice reigns esp for the aborigines. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos