Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

JSE system fault

platsak
Super Contributor
Anyone know if the dow futeres are up or down
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
Relax hotty, the LSE is BEE also compliant; besides, he would have been long gone if he could afford to be ...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
TheoPrinsloo
Contributor
Will the JSE downtime have an effect on share prices once the problem is fixed. If so, what effect?
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
so far the DAX is tracking sideways and that's a reasonably good indicator for us. However, 30 min from now the DOW enters the affray and it's set to open around 300 pips up. If it rallies even more then we can expect another gap up here... probably
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
alsi futures trading at +5.8% on other sites
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
JSE futures opened around 24000 currently at 24650
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Comrade Bob was right after all - those British imperialists are trying to recolonise us! Look what they've done to our exchange - they want to cause famine! We must not let them reverse the agrarian revolution!
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
I have a feeling that when we re open, it's going to be down if this continues. The DAX starting to retrace and the DOW pop capped inside 5 min. But it's probably too early to guess. The next hour will tell
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
I say call in the professionals, DIDATA. LOL
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Is the fTSE still down, and is there going to be extended trading?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ftse still down, no news on extended trading hours. But I expect some extension to happen, unless they can't solve it before mid night.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I see Bloomburg saying FTSE will open from 4.00pm london Time
0 Kudos