Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

JSE

jamoo
Frequent Contributor
can someone tell me the logic behind the recent increase in the share price of JSE despite extremely high PE at 91.77! i bought few shares, already with +21%. is it time to get out? can someone analyse? could this be a beartrap?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Brommie
Frequent Contributor
There is no logic. I also think it is too expensive. But since it is in such a good upward phase, if you look at the charts, I will be staying in but with a very tight moving stop loss.
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
jse is in the sweet spot-expect good news for some time.There are a lot of buyers(and sellers) who really rate this share and they are not small time.I personally battle to accept that this valuation is reasonable and would be tempted to take profit if I was an owner but then there a lot of buyers out there who would disagree with me.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Just keep an eye on the volume traded on JSE, put it on a graph & you'll see it is going one way at this stage - UP! Dont sell, rather put a trailing stoploss of 15% on the share and track it, once it retraces 15% from it highest closing price, sell and lock in profits, but dont sell just because you've made 20% cause you are out of the danger zone of losing money!!!!
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
You can be a bull or a bear but never a pig 21% pretty good in my book would be tempted to take it and look for another profitable trade.
0 Kudos