Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

JZ 2009 - See you all in Australia

Jacques_1
Frequent Contributor
Australia - New home of the 2010 world cup.
0 Kudos
69 REPLIES 69
Samir
Super Contributor
I think thats the wrong attitude. I'm no JZ supporter but I do support the SA 2010 campaign.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Really? do you honestly believe that will happen? We create our own fears and issues. Those who left our shores in the 90's are still waiting for our country to fall apart. I'm not a fan of the man, but let's all be positive and hope the new leaders of tomorrow can succeed even further and take this wonderful country of ours even higher.
0 Kudos
am_1
Frequent Contributor
Ditto. Lets see some positive comments on this one and steer clear of the typical SA pessimism. But will miss Trevor and Zapiro!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm not sure what Zuma's buddy list look like, but I do hope we keep Trevor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Kangaroo Boy, I love your vision. Been positive in life wins at least 60% of your battle. I do agree with your statement, in that all expats can watch the 2010 soccer world on tv , with a 20sec delay in transmission in Australia. Or By the way ...did you guy play in the 2007 Rugby World?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Quite a few people have had the same chirp but just go down to the stadiums and see the progress.
0 Kudos
chas
Regular Contributor
Just spent a week in Sydney now in Auckland - have to say SA does not look good on the TV news here at the present time. The Zuma thing ( with his dodgy background ) is going down well with the the ex pats here - the SA folk feel now fully justified in making the move here.Hell the locals are even quite complementary about our rugby team!
0 Kudos
am_1
Frequent Contributor
Hey Chas, enjoy Oz, lovely country but don't let those ex-pats get you down. They use their negativity to justify their move. Some of their grips are so outdated - just a bunch of when-we's
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Wonder if the Zim ex-pats are happy that they got out of Zim when they did - me think they are. History tends to repeat itself. Spoken to a few ex-Zim mates and they feel we are on the same road as Zim. Land claims, electricity shortage, poor infrastructure, corrupt government and officials, farm murders and ex-Um*****o We Sizwe wanting grants even thoufh they are under 35. Future, sure is interesting and maybe, just maybe the ex-pats have a point. Only time will tell.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Does the media ever paint a good picture of South Africa? Apparently rumour has it Zuma is the first corrupt politician in the history of democracy. Why on earth would I care what is said in Australia about us? I will remain optimistic, and hope that Zuma proves us all wrong.
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
It doesnt hurt to be optimistic. All humanity lives on a common denominator....hope.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just look at your charts its quite clear the money is flowing out not in. If thats not the writing on the wall. Yes the 2010 world cup will happen at a great cost watch what the unions do as the time gets closer !!
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
the scary thing is that as we all would like to live in sa as in my humble opion it has been very good to many of us and hope to continue down that road.Africa just does not have any credibility and look at its track record ,dont blame people for being negative.Truth is leave anything up to africa and you can expect below standards performance.Anyway you can not justify the crime in sa.so i would not beleive a word out of any african poloticians mouth but would love to be proved wrong on south africa becoming more properous .I am still bullish on SA but I am young so the world is my oyster and with a skills shortage world wide ,I am thinking of keeping my options open.irony of sa for me is that we can get good education hear at an discount compared to rest of world,are highly sought after around the world(well whites are in.In dubai the first thing they want to know is if you are white and want photos cause then they are very keen ,and I thought sa was suppose to be rasict)but for some polotical reason someone does not have the insight to see that we can add value to our own beloved country which most of us call home.Look at that article a saffa is top earner in Aussie,imagine how much value he could of added in sa if had stayed. truth is poloticians take themselves more serious than they are worth
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Look at positives guys 1.) fresh approach to crime can only be an improvement 2.) Zuma backed by tokyo (not a bad guy) 2.)Money makes the world go round and generally the money guys dictate policy 3.) Zuma will be crazy to change economic policy 4.) Possible ANC split creating strong opposition and possibly smaller parties play bigger role i.e. DP and Zille 5.)Hopefully a new approach to Zimbabwe and uncle Bob. What i am saying there is lotsa room for improvement on current government and what will Zuma change that will be anymore radical than what we have gone through under Mbeki
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
divz, No 6. At least the guy has an opinion and is prepared to voice it. Mbeki is a "wait and see what happens" man.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
A "leader" needs to be respected by his followers, be seen to act with dignity and discipline and espouse strong values to be successful. Vision, the ability to articulate those views, and live according to some moral code are further requirements. When an inexperienced punter invests in a co. with poor fundamentals he often resorts to denialism when things start to go awry and then later turns to blind hope when reality and prudency clearly dictate otherwise.
0 Kudos
am_1
Frequent Contributor
On the positive side the new deputy is Kgalema Motlanthe who has true statesman qualities, lacking in most democracies today. Once Zuma is processed through the courts Motlanthe will become pres. Now you all go and learn how to pronounce that name
0 Kudos
gida
Contributor
ha ha, just be optimistic a 3rd term of TM would not have been good... what matters is the power behind the throne and Zumas got backers. Perhaps a president who stayed at home and cared about whats happening in his backyard would be a breath of fresh air? The stadiums are being built the inner city is being revived, more people are making more money... the opportunities in SA for someone like me are endless... never wouldve had them in a pre 1990 world. I wonder if those civil war criers still have their baked beans
0 Kudos