Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

JZ 2009 - See you all in Australia

Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
So what do they do.... They leave? I dont think it is the skilled people shooting families for cellphones etc.
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
The mentality of Africans is what really hacks me off about sa.Its just give me give give.I cant and dont want to add value to the country yet I still want.The sad thing about sa is that this attitude is almost like a majority.Awesome country ,but have a positive or negative view fact is African ways dont work.More and more we go african standards the less chance there is of having decent life.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Surfer , be specific on what aspect that is bringing about this negative attitude. Maybe i can help?
0 Kudos
Frodo
Occasional Contributor
hey chaps! thought i would drop in my 2 cents worth... am heading to OZ on a 2 year work contact, but will be working for the same company I work for here. As I am on a 457 visa any rent I pay is tax deductable which will result in me getting taxed a lot less rather than sitting in the top marginal tax bracket here ... am young nicely qualified and the Ozzies are only too happy to have me.........turned down probably the job of a lifetime at FNB..... as part of the decision to move to Oz but ce la vie as they say... have had buddies hijacked....house robbed......but thats just SA at the moment......survival of the fittest......in saying that SA will always be my home....and think that there is still huge potential here.....but unlike my buddies I dont have an eurpean passport so cant just make like a banana and "split".... Have been for the proverbial job interview and get the "we are going with the equity candidate" response.....again just SA at this point... Was 11 when Nelson was let out, so what the F*&K did I know about the apartheid and the struggle anyway? My point is to those who go.....make the most of it but dont bad mouth SA.... - my response is always that we have our problems but its where I grew up and that stays with you for life" and to those that stay let it not be said that you have not lived in interesting times.....fortune favours the brave!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
All the best in OZ my liberal friend.
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
I have been quite lucky with a solid qualification i got a good break into a top private bank and am making the most of it before the day comes.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if anyone had any doubts just look at the headlines today barely 48 hours after the vote.1.Scorpions to be disbanded. 2. Selection of SABC board to be s*****ped. 3. Head of SABC news threatened. 4. Accusations of vote irregularities. So much for a show of unity. Believe me, if I say this country is going down the loo and this coming from a guy who whose to tell would be emmigrants in 94 to F&%# off as we dont need your unpatriotic, racist *****.......then you should be worried.
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
I work with BEE candidates.In a real world they would never even get a sniff at doing the jobs they are not skilled enough to do.So what happens ,us the qualified ones end of doing their work,yet we dont feature in any plans for the country for the future
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I gotta agree with your statement.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My final word, this thread got alot of attention. For those who left, I hope you all doing well, and not bad mouthing South Africa, and we will do our best to turn this great nation of ours into an even greater one, so that you may return. For those who are planning on leaving, good luck with your new life, and don't bad mouth South Africa and wait around anxiously for South Africa to fall it's not gonna happen, you have better things to do like plan your new life. And may you also one day return to your home country. For those who will be staying for now, you have my complete respect, we need to look forward not backward. We need to build wealth for our nation, not ourselves, get involved on our country, we spend so much time worrying about aquiring abundance for ourselves, when our own neighbours and family members dont know where the next meal will come from. It's been what 13 years in our new democracy, I always asked myself, if government made education there number ONE priority, just imagine where we would have been now! Lets hope Zuma stance on education is as serious as he says it is.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
can you perhaps enlighten the forum as to JZ's own educational achievements?
0 Kudos
Stock11
Contributor
education is overated (Einstein, Gates, etc)
0 Kudos
Stock11
Contributor
education is overated (Einstein, Gates, etc)
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
education might be one thing ,but if it is of a low standard are we really going to compete in a globalised world.The first problem is that the poor produce far many people,there is no way any country can provide for such a big chunk of the population without putting burden on other citizens
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
oh, I forgot about them - ignorance must be bliss indeed...now if only JZ knew about relativity or computer chips and not only his umshini wami....
0 Kudos
Stock11
Contributor
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
well true, as a collective, the Zim cabinet have more tersiary qualifications between them than any other in the world and still managed to completely decimate that country....but I suspect that might be an African phenomenon as the planet has yet to experience the wonders of a functional economy on this continent. As for Bush and America, how bad can it be, they are still battling to keep all the would be immigrants at bay.....
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
Topgun..its nice to know that youre not above making money from the stock market of this dysfunctional economy...
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
and your point is? who laid the foundations for this powerhouse economy (in relative terms), who built the power stations, the roads, the dams and the rest of the infrastucture that is slowly decaying? I made no moralistic statement, but merely try to highlight the reality.
0 Kudos