Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Java 7 upgrade

DF
Contributor
Hi Simon or anyone else, I just downloaded the new Java update and now charts don't open anymore ? I assume the problem will be on my side and it is not something Std bank need to change ? Regards, D
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Howzit
Occasional Contributor
Had the same problem Download both 32 and 64 bit versions of Java and install and reset your browser
0 Kudos
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Same problem up to now. Re-installed java (latest service pack 55 I think it is) several times. Contacted OST through e-mail got response from Mrs Daniels about three weeks later that I should re-install java (stating the obvious off course). Sent her mail back telling her that's didn't work. Now about 5 weeks later, no response. They are not big customer service. As last resort contemplating contacting Ben Kruger's office, Mrs Strimling, she responded very quickly to another issue I had with fraud on my father's current account. Pity you have to go to the CEO's office with frivolous issues like this. Being nice and patient with these people seem to be construed as sign of weakness.
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Can't get charts up and running either, downloaded it 3 times now!
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
What browser are you all using? Try Firefox or Chrome as a web browser, usually it installs with the latest version of Java and should resolve the problem...
0 Kudos
Howzit
Occasional Contributor
As mentioned previously . Download and install BOTH the 32 and 64 bit versions of Java and it will fix your problem . This fixed my problem with no graphs etc immediately. I use OPERA
0 Kudos
DF
Contributor
I tried everything now, even OPERA and still not working...... Interesting though to note that the warrant calculator which also use JAVA is working but on the Charts it is not working.......
0 Kudos
DF
Contributor
Maybe Windows 7 that is the problem.....
0 Kudos
leoridge
Contributor
Had the same problem,using IE instead of Chrome solved it.
0 Kudos
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
I have windows 8. Tried chrome and Internet Explorer. Both not working. Colleague here in the office uses windows 7. Also not working.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Mine also not working!
0 Kudos
DF
Contributor
Also says at the bottom : "Please note that the chart application was upgraded on 27/08/2007" Maybe Standard Bank can get their IT guys to run an update ?
0 Kudos
samoa
Super Contributor
You did uninstall previous versions and reboot?
0 Kudos
DF
Contributor
Yes, more than once....
0 Kudos
DF
Contributor
Yes, more than once....
0 Kudos
magicactus
Frequent Contributor
Phone SILAS on OST, he is extremely helpful and pleasant. Sorted out problem quickly. He says latest Java not compatible
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
My mac works fine with the upgrade but IE and Chrome is not co-operating very similar to NUMSA. OST sent me a email but that didn't help either.
0 Kudos
DF
Contributor
At last! Silas did help me and it is working now.... There is a problem with Java 7 update 65. Step 1 uninstall Java under control panel Programs and features Step 2 Reboot system Step 3 Download and run Java 7 update 45 (I had to download the 32 bit and the 64 bit version for Windows 7 Proffesional) Also note that I could not get this from the Oracle website and downloaded it from http://www.neowin.net/news/java-runtime-environment-7-update-45 Step 4 Under Control Panel change Java Security Settings to Medium. Step 5 In Internet Explorer go to Online login page then go to Internet Options then add the login page as a trusted site. Step 6 Reboot System... Should work now... Have a good weekend......
0 Kudos