Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Jeome Smith's Resignation

Highlighted
Contributor
Does anybody have an idea if Jerome Smiths resignation could potentially have an effect on the supply agreement with Cipla India? I liked this share but I remain cautious...their products are mostly from one manufacturer. Could that pipeline start tightening up because of all of these developments??
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
New Contributor
The terms of supply agreement is not known to th market. Dont even know if its exists as a legal document. Jerome has the relationships with India. Wouldn'nt make sense for Cipla India to walk away from existing distribution channels.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Now, do you think Mr Smith is the only CEO plundering the shareholders funds...and then to challenge his dismissal and rationalize the crimes....he would also make a good president of some European country!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
terms of the cipla india/SA are not known but agree it is about 20% of cipla india business so unlikely they would walk away and transferring the deal to aspen or who ever not that quick an easy ..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Gets worse, now we have Striker in Australia....contagion?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
I feel pity for JustOneSlap is you are the CEO there
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
More like a slap on the lap (lol)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
I do not believe Cipla India will walk away. They make good money now, to stop that is silly. They may go with Jerome Smith if he starts a new company, but to setup infrastructure to continue Cipla India grow will take a number of years.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
I do not believe Cipla India will walk away. They make good money now, to stop that is silly. They may go with Jerome Smith if he starts a new company, but to setup infrastructure to continue Cipla India grow will take a number of years.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
0 Kudos