Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Jeome Smith's Resignation

Vish_1
Contributor
Does anybody have an idea if Jerome Smiths resignation could potentially have an effect on the supply agreement with Cipla India? I liked this share but I remain cautious...their products are mostly from one manufacturer. Could that pipeline start tightening up because of all of these developments??
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
KroKodile
New Contributor
The terms of supply agreement is not known to th market. Dont even know if its exists as a legal document. Jerome has the relationships with India. Wouldn'nt make sense for Cipla India to walk away from existing distribution channels.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Now, do you think Mr Smith is the only CEO plundering the shareholders funds...and then to challenge his dismissal and rationalize the crimes....he would also make a good president of some European country!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
terms of the cipla india/SA are not known but agree it is about 20% of cipla india business so unlikely they would walk away and transferring the deal to aspen or who ever not that quick an easy ..
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Gets worse, now we have Striker in Australia....contagion?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
I feel pity for JustOneSlap is you are the CEO there
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
More like a slap on the lap (lol)
0 Kudos
bob1_1
Contributor
I do not believe Cipla India will walk away. They make good money now, to stop that is silly. They may go with Jerome Smith if he starts a new company, but to setup infrastructure to continue Cipla India grow will take a number of years.
0 Kudos
bob1_1
Contributor
I do not believe Cipla India will walk away. They make good money now, to stop that is silly. They may go with Jerome Smith if he starts a new company, but to setup infrastructure to continue Cipla India grow will take a number of years.
0 Kudos
bob1_1
Contributor
0 Kudos