Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

John Chartist

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I have deleted all the threads in which things got what can best described as juvenile. I am not interested in finger pointing beyond to say that if it doesn't cease my only other tool is to ban people.
Please treat this forum and other users with respect and keep the childish stuff for the play gorund.
0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
Not applicable
cheers Im outa here.....
0 Kudos
Sanity
New Contributor
Well done Standard Bank. I hope Chartist actually leaves now, after promising to go previously.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Thats crazy the discussions although heated and over the top at times are actually educational besides being entertaining. the ppl who get irritated by it do not have to read the threads its a matter of choice. Chartist and John actually discuss/argue about trading not unrelated political ***** that is often posted
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
I have to agree Divz if one cannot have a heated discussion and a difference in opinion without being regulated why have a forum at all rather just put arrows on the forum under each share and we can then pick an arrow to show our intended direction of the market. Its like watching TV if you dont like a certain channel you just dont watch it so if people dont like what John/chartist have to say then dont read their post, but dont read the post and then complain.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hows about a 2nd forum rated 18SNVL which I can join and enjoy Chrtist and Johns Banter?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
lol yeah but thats exactly my point.
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
agreed, I have not used this platform to trade for some time now, with its *****py tools eg PS, etc and am only here to view people like Chartist and John's opinions and difference in opinions. Why read something and then complain, ditto for why pay for PS and complain, cancel sub and get a different tool.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
No Sanity prevailing here I reckon!! So u hide behind your handle and reckon u can contribute to the forum with a massive 4 sniggering, childish posts over the last 3 months?
Given you earlier posts like these - "" Re:Shocking level of service by Sanity on 16 Apr 10:26 Blah Blah Blah. Chartist hey! - chart your way to a deserted island and stay there -"" who u think is the juvenile around here? You've only been bashing other forumites, particularly C! Who gives you the higher ground? Can we please get Sanity banned then as well to restore the forum's balance please? Maybe then sanity will prevail...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Don't fret chickens. You really think the two of them won't be back? How many times over the last four years has C flounced outta here, vowing never to return? four? or is it five? And just how badly do you think he's gonna want to reply to this post?
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
I have to agree with the guys, Simon, this is a forum! Even though most of there arguments are way over my head I enjoy the different opinions and hopefully pick up some tips on the way. If you don't like it don't read it! Otherwise introduce a platform where this type of conversation will be allowed.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Youre all missing the point. Apologies were made by both parties. Why not leave it there. It really wasnt on to escalate the matter again after that. By all means delete the thread. The remarks however in my opinion were not nesessary. If no one else has noticed we are in a time were sharing experience can make a real difference.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
If this is what it takes to get Chartist to shut up I am all for it. Thank you Simon. I am running a side bet on how long it takes before chartist comes charging back onto the forum, My best guess is the very next post at worst 2 months, God I hope it takes 2 months. Imagine a world with out GOD!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Wait for me Chartist...[out of breath,wait for me My market God]. Jealously makes people nasty!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon's deletion and ban warning is not for heated discussion about differences of opinion. That's not what we were doing yesterday - we degenerated into personal attacks and name calling, and then still further to crude sexual innuendo. None of it was particularly witty or intelligent. Simon's right - we behaved like juveniles on a school playground.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
so on that side bet john you going short or going long and whats your entry point?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Jezebel , on a serious note, i was only kidding around with you yesterday. Please if i offended you , i do apologise.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Oh come now, Pressie - we were all trying our best to insult and provoke each other, so no apology is necessary. I have lots and lots of sherbert left over - Chartist needed just the teeniest weeniest amount - I'll keep it for you for the next time.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Trade happened before I could get a counter party I see He did indeed post on the very next thread. Alas. It would have been a quick profit.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
cool. looking forward for that sherbet.lol
0 Kudos