Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

John

Brazen
Super Contributor
did you see MM today? Distinctly bearish, thinking we're only half way through a correction. Caution is advised, I think.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
john_1
Super Contributor
I did indeed. I think that he has been right more times than he is wrong. I think it might be time for a little fishing.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Exactly. In fact I can't really think when he has been wrong about these significant levels, they sometimes just take longer than you expect to play out. And he's no bear, in fact he's still very bullish long term, but short term. . . pain.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah, verily dudes. MM has spoken. Or maybe he just had a dose of wind, but anyway, he sure sounds unhappy. So I checked me own charts and it does look like 24100 could come to pass befer the sun shines again. Oi vey, and some such..
0 Kudos
CAB
Contributor
Indeedy...methinks we're in the B phase then we head for the real plunge C phase. And no, I'm not a bear!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Cab I am not a big wave theory fan only cos it is way to subjective. but if we sell from here it will make last week look like a walk in the park.
0 Kudos
CAB
Contributor
John, I generally do not use wave theory at all in my TA but this one looks so obvious that we would be very foolish to ignore it. Besides, the Dow in 2002 had a very similar pattern to the one it is trading at the moment and we had a huge sell off then. Oi reckon if we start selling here we have a once in a 5 year opportunity to short this market.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am bullish for now (yes, that right), TOPI bounced neatly off the lower bound of her long term up channel (frm Jun 2006). first stop 26,550. IMO, OMO, etc.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Trouble with waitin for the guy in the fur suit is, waddya miss in the meantime. I prefer to follow the same tactic as I does with tax: pretend it aint there an when Uncle Pravin (or Smokey) shows up, leggit out the back.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Gravy and EGOboy are right. You can't sit on the sidelines and wait for the bear - you could miss a lot of upside. My strategy is to take longs but limit risk by the percentage of cash in the market. Keep taking profits and add to cash pile. It could be months of trading - when it happens I'll take a loss but hopefully the upside will far outweigh that.
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
hey man ,what did i tel u guys about wearne.... up 10% today!! she was good for dosh!! go u beaut!!
0 Kudos