Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Jump ship?

Not applicable
5 Nov 2013 should I sell?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
jaj
Frequent Contributor
I am going to hold on to mine and participate in the Rights Offer. To buy Abil shares at R8 must be a once a lifetime opportunity. It will also seriously reduce my input costs. The price will probably drop but I believe it is worth the risk.
0 Kudos
Gert15
Contributor
What will the price drop to R12.50??
0 Kudos
jaj
Frequent Contributor
I have no idea, the market will decide, but I believe it is worth the risk. It looks like Abil is cleaned out properly and will probably perform better going forward.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Did you see the Bus day letter of Leon Kirkinis(sp?) - indicating that Bus day had been somewhat careless in their reporting of the rights offer and explaining same. There is of course the caveat that averaging down is to be at all times carefully considered and generally avoided?
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
I am a holder and bought more when price bombed.I will happily take on additional shares at price offered.nervous but also excited about future .only time will tell if this is right call.
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
I am a holder and bought more when price bombed.I will happily take on additional shares at price offered.nervous but also excited about future .only time will tell if this is right call.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thank you all.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What I would like to know (as a novice), how do I exercise my rights to buy at the diluted price? When? Where?
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
You will be notified if you haven't already
0 Kudos
U-Dog
Contributor
A rights issue and a dividend at the same time. Um huh?
0 Kudos
indium
Contributor
Management has lost credibiliy in my opinion, and there has been significant loss of value over last 9 months. 9 months ago all was good and business was supposed to be growing. What happened ! I would personally put my money into a better run business with more sustainable business model. Their business model is very limiting and flawed for growth. It was an old fashioned sell poor quality furiture on credit and ripp off some unsuspecting client with a loan. You are now getting the results of this strategy coming through in the numbers. The poor guy with the loan aint gonna repay it easily...and as soon as one customer stops repaying, so may all his friends as well as they see how easy it is to default.
0 Kudos
Bangbielie
Contributor
This business model has no future. Abil has never been a bank, but only a glorified loan shark. I will not put one cent into this business.
0 Kudos