Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Just a question about the Inzalo shares that seems too good to be true...

Mr_S
Super Contributor
I was doing a little reading and came across this paragraph: 'The cash offer (SOLBE1) was simply ordinary shares offered at a discounted price, which means shareholders receive the same dividend and have equal voting rights as SOL shares. At the end of the empowerment period SOLBE1 shares become SOL shares in a ratio of 1:1.' - To me this means if i purchase 100 SOLBE1 shares on the inzalo trading platform today, wait for the empowerment period to end, my 100 Inzalo shares will be automatically converted to 100 sasol shares at their trading price at the time? Which could be for example R600 per share? lol this really seems too good to be true considering the SOLBE1 shares on the Inzalo Platform are trading at R36.00 today...am i missing something
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
is't lock in 10 years from inception which was 2008ish ?? an the dividend will go to pay the debt initially ..
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Simon, i figured that out after doing a little more reading, i wasnt under the impression that there were 2 types of Inzalo shares. The ones trading on the platform seem to be less attractive though...thanks for your reply
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Standard bank online do not deal in SOLBE1 (BEE) shares, so who do you buy them from, without incurring monthly account fees.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Standard bank online do not deal in SOLBE1 (BEE) shares, so who do you buy them from, without incurring monthly account fees.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos