Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Just a simple answer.

Not applicable
Scenario:A Trader with a Private Account. Making 300k p.a. trading. Only trades CFDs( which I see has a VAT component.) Any LEGAL SIMPLE tax advice ? Or should I go and see that expensive CA I know in Wynberg,Cape Town.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
john_1
Super Contributor
Buy installments with profits..sell after LDT and take the capital loss compensated by the Dividened gain..watch out for special divs and asset strips..Telcom can be good. that way you reduce that winning streak in capital terms...after all traders lose money!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Also claim all related costs including tin foil, and mattress as it acts as safty deposit box.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
A Quote of the Day from www.tickertalk.co.za
Ernest Haskins
Save a little money each month and at the end of the year you'll be surprised at how little you have.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Firstly congratulations, your system seems to work. Secondly you are entitled to set off all related expenditure against the trading income. In other words subscriptions, line connection, service provider fees, bank charges etc. That been said the old days of "take a chance, win a prize" as Matthew Lester puts it couldn't be more apt. SARS will penalise for any dodgy claims. I have also claimed and been allowed my security costs as well as depreciation on my computer. I would shy away from claiming any rental / interest apportionment for your residence as this could have capital gains implications at a later stage. Hope this points you in the right direction.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thank you for your input.SARS is Godzilla.Pay the Monster.>>>"Feed Me ! " Ok then. Chew before swallowing,please.Times are hard.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Amigo.....at all times wear one of those new auto welding helmuts when dealing with SARectumService...they can't scan your iris thru' one of those things.... and ja, I would go the CA route, with the new rules at least you know his 2 heads are on the block as well so the advise SHOULD be solid.... However, I remain sceptical about the value of his company in the clink should both go down! Adios.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ye know toooo much......heh...Hi Y.
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
if you are making 300000 pa it may be worth investigating setting up a cc-has a few more adavantages than sole trader but obvously depends on your circumstances-I would consult a good accountant if you can find one.
0 Kudos