Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Just for you,Brazen.

Not applicable
In memory of the difficult birth of ANGie 2006...here goes perplexity ; On the Monthly Rand / Yen we see a momentous moment. A Left Shoulder a Head and a Right Shoulder..Also, the Strong-RandUptrend since 2001 has broken down.In the background currency room , a massive reversion since April2006 as the Rand devalued by 40% vs BritPound,Euro,etc....The International Boys are leaving town.They're cashing in their Chips.Whatever you learn in 2007,dear B....do take the time to get au fait with Point and Figure charting.I do my own Charts.You won't believe the ANTICIPATIVE qualities of those Xs and Os...I back-tested till I was blue in the face. It works####Toodle-loo.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
DST
Super Contributor
Z, won't you fax me your protractor and pantograph set please.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yebo^ DST : No can do.Lost all instruments at Sea( due to constant staring at Nicole Kidman lookalike( I won a prize weekend) after winning the Cobra-staring contest at NabaPiep ....I could've sworn.Aaa well........ ##..Anyway, the Yen-thing translates to a red Flag on the Banks.And what better than SBK ( me old Put-favourite)...SBK looks a Yummer with the 10 and 20 day EMA horizontal,the MACD dipping into the Red....need a Put-Warrant with Strike as close as possible to R103....or even better, an SSF with a G-string for a Stop Loss at 108....I counts me Toes, I do Suppose, etc.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
man-o-man zarp. Was you not shorting SBK at below 7000c? Now almost 50% higher and still shorter? That's serious dedication...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
LOL!...and remember the Zarpian Code Rule 4b - 'No Stop Loss.That's for Sissies.'
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Good to have the Zarpmeister back....will his inter-galactic waves cause problems with the Price Streamer???....did you get sorted @ BOE?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I am glad to see he got his mind back!!
0 Kudos
Henni
Contributor
Welcome back o'l zarp.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Just a warning to newcomers. We are in a long term bull market. Follow Zarp's advice on shorting at your own risk (and be nimble-footed). No offence,Zarp.I won't mention this again. I have just seen a lot of forumites over the last few years short themselves right off this forum and into oblivion.omo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Russ : You're quite correct.Bulls or Bears. Who cares.Short or Long.neither right,nor wrong....but I will say this ; since lat-Feb2007, the UpTrend since Aug2006, has changed.On the Weeklies, we're at the overbought of the UpChannel.So,Russ.Well-spotted. it's a BULL.(with a short-term bearishness).The $COMPQ Point and Figure(Supply and Demand)clearly shows the ANTICIPATIVE Trend -change. Supply is King.Adios.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
There will always be pullbacks/corrections. From my observations you have to be pretty sharp and quick to short successfully in this market. If you can do it go for it. I prefer to go with the flow (ie the trend is your friend).
0 Kudos