Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Justification for recent drop?

MCB
Occasional Contributor
Aware of any reasons behind the recent 15% pullback in share price? Jupiter's Feb 2011 investor update doesn't seem to hold any surprises. Tshipi Borwa still on track for H2 2012 production and sufficient funding in place to last until revenue generation. Faberge appears to continue to woo with its recent product releases and Gemfields still holding up with 50% share escalation over the last year. Is it all down to one of the larger investors liquidating their position?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Wino
Super Contributor
Probably. Above average volumes last 3 days. Could not see number of trades.Not widely held by funds. Their story however still looks compelling so don't quite understand loss of patience. Maybe insider info?
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
if it was worth buying on FORWARD 2-3 year at 315 and nothing has changed then it must be worth buying at 271 - seems logical...?What IS clear is that sentiment has over come share prices in key areas. En Passant if you, like me, follow the art World then you will know that Faberge is building a very good top end position going forward. But , I think another rights issue is on the cards - look at the last financials...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Partridge - you have been a passionate holder of PGL for some time. But your comments and observations have only pertained to Faberge. There are a whole lot of hugely capex intensive projects that PGL is involved in that will still require massive funding and high risk. This is the real story behind PGL IMO. I always watch this one - but I am a believer in the time value of money - so as soon as I see the price starting to strengthen - then I will jump on board, until then, I sit in the wings
0 Kudos
Dekka
Not applicable
I am a believer in PGL but watch anxiously as the shares go ever downwards - any reason to ddump them??
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Need to confrm if this is not a dead cat bounce and then pile in. No reason to jump the gun on this. We could still test all time lows.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I can see the dead cat but where's the bounce?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
It's gone. The drop continues.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Skaaptjop,I don't hold any inanimate thing passionately - that is like building on a trainline. I don't see any real payback on this share for at least 2-3 years - Faberge notwithstanding ( which I think they might sell) - but you will have seen in my comment that I like you have not lost sight of the impending call for capital. it will come.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
There is your bounce. Now we wait to see if it consolidates or it drops below the last low.
0 Kudos