Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Kruger Rands

Gary_1
Occasional Contributor
How do I invest directly in gold ? Can I purchase Kruger Rands online and hold in my Share Trading Account ?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Mol
Frequent Contributor
No!Buy from Investgold or SA Gold Exchange. Tel 0114861196 and 0117848551
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
By investing in the exchange traded fund Newgold, (GLD) you get exposure to the rand value of gold. You can buy GLD online.
0 Kudos
Gary_1
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for the advise. I will investigate both options.
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
If you live in Cape Town you can go to Cape Gold Coin exchange http://www.krugerrandsa.co.za/ You can also leave the coins there and trade them as you go along. The web site tells you the buy and sell prices everyday and I think you can trade them online.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Skip it dude yur to late unless its for yur lighties.
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Too late? Talk to me in 5 years. Bull markets have an AVERAGE life span of 17-22 years. We are in year 11 of this bull market. If anything we have at least 5 years more in this one. - P
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
whwre does this stat come from "Bull markets have an AVERAGE life span of 17-22 years" ?? or are you talking the larger cycles ??
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
History. Bull markets have 3 distinct phases and if you look and average them out thats the kind of life span then "generally" have. Sure they can be longer and shorter but hence the average. Im using history as my guide. Government stupidity is helping the gold bull too :)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
OK, I would have said the last bull makret was 04-07 and ended 08/09 with a semi bull in 09/10
0 Kudos
jo_soap
Contributor
Can buy online from FNB. Ooops arent I supposed to say that on this site?
0 Kudos