Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Kumba-ya m'lord

richardw
Super Contributor
Big drop today. Wonder what happens with Sishen & ACT. If Kumba have to buy ACT then it's a canary for the whole mining industry.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Blik
Super Contributor
drop is ex-divi in part
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yip - that will account for at least 4% of the 6% drop
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Coming back a bit in late trade.
0 Kudos
gareth01
Regular Contributor
R21-70 ex div dropped expected, but will recover this week into next week, just a quality share with a great dividend of 8.5% - who can ignore that....
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
I have had great success TRADING KIO over the years, but now sitting right on 200MA from what I can see (and dropping) - surely if it breaks down from here this is not good. Of course, may be set for bounce. I watch with interest...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
guys remember that traders wash their profits with dividends.. so big divs and big drops suit that purpose
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Explain please, John?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What is the reason for todays huge drop? 1500c per share at time of writing. What views on the bottom of the correction. I await with interest.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
ACL is challenging KIO's right to SISHEN in its entirety. They claim that she failed to register her new order rights within the 90 day grace period, following upon conversion from her old order rights. They maintain that SISHEN be put up for auction. The DMR itself has indicated that it will bring criminal charges against KIO for applying for her mining rights on SISHEN before she had taken ownership thereof. WHAT a mess. Welcome to Africa.
0 Kudos
phd
Contributor
ACT has no legitimacy in this one. Provided the mafia doesn't completely infiltrate the legal system, Kumba should win this one without the need to purchase the ACT scam.
0 Kudos