Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

LBT?

Quakedog
Super Contributor
Why is it tanking 7%??
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
new issue. See SENS
0 Kudos
kudu
Occasional Contributor
I'm crying like a little puppy loced in a cupboard...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
what is the news?
0 Kudos
res
Occasional Contributor
Because of the Sens news as per below Liberty International PLC ("Liberty International" or the "Company") announces that it has raised GBP280.5 million before commissions and expenses from the Placing completed today of 56,100,000 new ordinary shares at a price of 500 pence per share (the "Placing Price").
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Isn't the drama being overdone a little? They've diluted their shares by about 10%, but surely they cash they have raised will be put to good use to grow the business. The share has dropped almost 10%, as if the shares had been given away for free...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it is a large dilution and the Q is why ?? simnple becuaee they have no other option, an that's bad ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What I don't understand is that in the UK, it was "shareholder dilution" day. Two residential property companies that I had never heard of before, Barratt and Redrow, also announced new issues. But their share prices did not show steep drops like LBT did. Why not? Was the market already aware that they needed to raise funds? Were they already priced for bankruptcy? When reading news of a new share placement, what pertinent information should one look out for to determine how the market will respond to it?
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
They have also sold to pay debt and that is never good, so some money will go to expansion but I have the feeling the bulk is to pay debt.
0 Kudos