Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

LET'S VOTE RATE PREDICTION

chas
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
when is it getting announced??, and if it is increased by 50bpts will banks spiral down agian? no changed banks will rally up? and decreased banks will REALLY rally up!! ????
0 Kudos
graycat
Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Can you all please breathe deeply and relax ahead of the announcement. I'm seeing far too much nervousness on the market: banks down in case rates are increased; gold miners up as a rand hedge in case rates are decreased, and pharmaceuticals up on record sales of blood-pressure tablets. Please all relax and make like nothing is happening.
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
Where did Miss February go, then?
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Enough fundamental reason exists for an increase - which will be 50 points max. There are however a number of considerations which will influence a counter vote. My final 1c worth: NO CHANGE
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Am I mistaken - it seems that recently a lot less hype than before about the repo occurred on this forum and elsewhere in the media. Shows ya, getting used to everything! One of man's misfortune: adapting and twisting according to environment. That's why a lot of twisted minds and other bad stuff float around and we are adjusting to it. Dark Africa is fortunate enough to have adapted sound reason to such an extent that they even find persuaded busloads of jobless patriots to support the Scorpions' amalgamation with the SAPS, based inter alia on the inability of the Scorp's to prevent rape attacks! Sorry, I couldn't help reflecting on this...
0 Kudos
Whatsup
Contributor
Looks like we have a couple of economists on the forum in terms of predicting no change to the repo rate, or was it a good guess?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
If Mars was at less than 45% with respect to Jupiter the decision was always going to be unchanged...as it really was...
0 Kudos