Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

LEWIS

chitchat
New Contributor
BUY, BUY, BUY
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
Why why why
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
lets see how it responds to this trading update
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I believe the market got this one wrong in slaying the share price as it did by putting it in the same pigeon hole as ABL. The reason I bought this on CFDs on monday and yesterday is I believed that at very worst it would keep it's dividend at previous levels which would cover the interest cost on the purchase, and therefore no cost to me while waiting for a recovery in the share price.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Another buy signal for shorts!
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
the dividend yield is 10%, am I reading it correctly
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
If one assumes that there is no increase in the January dividend (highly unlikely) then you can expect a R4.40 tax free dividend over 8 months, which equates to 8.5% having bought in the R52 region. The downside risk on this trade was minimal as far as I was concerned, that's why I not only did the CFD trade but added to my already sustantial long term holding.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
up another 5%: have not made so much money so quickly in a long time
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
ditto, started cashing in my CFDs at 62, could do with a trade like that twice a year.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
At this point I would settle for one of these trades a year. It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times... it can only get better.
0 Kudos