Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

LON - Lonmin

akashmaha
Frequent Contributor
Will Lonmin declare a dividend? As it is almost end of May and no news as yet. Anyone knows?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the results came out last week and rather then paing out they are asking share holders to pay in ..
0 Kudos
akashmaha
Frequent Contributor
Do you know how much we have to pay in and by when?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it's a rights issue .. check sens .. if you were holding you'll have the NPL's .. LONN ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Their finances are tied up at the moment.
0 Kudos
akashmaha
Frequent Contributor
I got in on friday 15/05/2009 and to date I am at a R5 per loss per share. Should I take this loss now and get out or wait. I am confused as I also heard that there is demand for our Platinum from China. Plse advise?
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
I'd get out - there are better mining house shares on offer.OMO.
0 Kudos
akashmaha
Frequent Contributor
If I get Out, then this might be the mining house that will follow the upward trend. All losses and expenses seems to be built in this price already. It fell by approx. 25% in a week. Are there any other reasons why I should get out now?
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
As things stand right now,BIL & AGL have better prospects. OMO.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the 25% drop was due to the news of the rights issue ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SO you think after the rights issue lapses on the 28th of May, will we see an upward movement on this share? I will hold to this one as i see a boom in platinum esp from China as the global crisis starts to subside. What's your views?
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Maybe there are better platinum stocks than Lonmin !
0 Kudos