Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Lack of confidence in this trading platform

webster_1
Frequent Contributor
I am most definitely loosing confidence in this trading platform's ability to provide up-to-date feeds / information / trades. Even posting this topic I was getting an apology of page not being available. What will happen if we see bigger % drops. I have a a no confidence vote for this website and am of opinion it it time to look elsewhere for a more stable trading solution. Ie. Pricestreamer have not moved for about 15 min during trading before close...
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Not applicable
Understatement. SFM, I suggest you offer all your clients an opportunity to transfer their account free of charge to a broker of their choice. Obviously SFM can not cope.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Truly pathetic. It seems they dont want to sort it out. With all the technology , surely you can if u want to?The worst part is that these breaks occur at critical times when people stand in line to lose Megabucks. I cant help thinking that somehow were stuck with this site because the others are equally bad,or is there a site that is free of these flaws? Anybody, Im ready to move to a more reliable platform!
0 Kudos
CAB
Contributor
This is the 4th platform I'm trading on and the best by far....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
i am going to try GT247, have signed up so will let you know.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Due to the massive volumes of trades being done on the markets when there is a significant sell off many systems that are related to the stock market have had problems keeping up.

Yesterday the JSE's trading systems were swamped by the volume of trades which caused their dealing system (SETS) and their price feeds (Infowiz) to run behind. From a brokers point of view we saw that our orders were going into the market but taking sometime to match. Another problem was that although our bids and offers for shares were up to date the last traded price struggled to keep up to with the massive volume due to the sell off in the US. We know that other brokers in SA and overseas are also struggling with the same problems when the market moves like this.

As a bank we want to provide our clients with the best possible service and it is in our interests to cope with these volumes. This problem is being taken seriously at a IT and management level and we are doing all we can to ensure a good service to you our valued clients.

When price feeds are running behind we will notify you via this announcements section. To see if our prices are delayed please look at the time stamp above the market depth, on your portfolio or on your watchlist.

0 Kudos
Sanity
New Contributor
I have an account at GT247 and I received an e-mail last night stating that they were also experiencing problems with prices due to high activity. Seems like this was a market wide problem.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
All sites to which I subscribe to,have had problems this week.
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
I appreciate the responses - and that of Standard Bank. Thank you. This then an opportunity to increase / enhance technology across the SA trading platforms / brokers and the JSE. More and more people are streaming to online trading due to portability and cost-effectiveness. Not so sure if the SA trading platforms are capable of handling the increased messaging. When this happen on the NYSE earlier this week it was almost immediately discussed on some of the business media / TV - ie. CBNC - there reporters discussed this on Wednesday and many IT / broker SE stakeholders rolled out solutions to the problem. I am afraid we just don't have this sort of commitment and urgency in SA. Or am I wrong?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
correct,hopefully sbk and others will heed your advice......
0 Kudos
Not applicable
this is an outstanding platform .you to blame the market & not the platform that is enabling you to trade.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My view is you must KNOW that youre dealing on a site that can protect you. When these system fail, people lose money because trade orders are delayed,cancellations of orders are delayed. That means youre stuck with no recourse. I appreciate the fact that the system is overloaded,but what about the losses incurred? It would be better to warn everyone not to enter a trade if they cannot take responsibility themselves, because the trader will be the one out of money or potential money while no-one else takes the responsibility.At the moment everyone is under the impression that yes,it is not easy, but it can be done.We know its not true bcos its been proved.This is also not a recent problem. Upgrade are required all-round.
0 Kudos
Goldbull
Frequent Contributor
I am here because the other trading platforms do not offer as much information as this one. There is a steep learning curve involved. The minor glitches are of no consequence to me. I am a long term trader.
0 Kudos