Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Lance or Contador?

richardw
Super Contributor
Smart money is probably on Contador, but Armstrong doesn't ride this race just for fun, so he must think he can win. He also usually reduces every possible variable but he's riding in the same team as the favourite, when surely many teams would have embraced him in seconds. He's older now and his training has been sub-optimal this year - only 6 months or so - but he has some insane genetic advantages which might still be relevant, so I can't wait to see him and Contador riding in anger.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
It will end up being the team director's decision, if you can read his mind you will know the answer, and the betting fraternity will also be trying. In my books Contador, but they may let Lance win for the publicity.....
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Interesting. The team director and Contador have to continue working together in future years. I think he'll stay out of it. Think Bruyneel could tell either to back off if they had a chance to win?
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
Contador will take it because of team orders, with Armstrong second to prove he has still got what it takes. Armstrong therefore does not loose face and the team grabs the headlines....
0 Kudos
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
Only if they are in pos 1 & 2 and no 3 is far behind. Almost like Ferrari telling Barrichelo to lift off and let Schumacher win and finish second. I think this weekend will make some excellent viewing, they will be picking up the pace and I agree with you, a Lance vs. Contador duel will be most excellent! But there are others that can shake up things as well!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
my money is on the drug cheat .. does anybody really still watch this stuff ??
0 Kudos