Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Large fluctuations

TheInvestor
Contributor
Why all the large fluctuations? had sellers at 1000c, but buyers buying at +1300c?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
somebody is trying to push the price up so that they can get rid of a whole lot more....the 1300 deal was for 30 bucks...very tempting!!!!
0 Kudos
U-Dog
Contributor
Interesting - is that even legal?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
this reminds me of another warren buffet lesson"easier to buy but very hard to sell"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The trader, did it twice in 10 mins, first matching all the orders up to 1210c, then the price dropped back to 995c momentarily, then it shot back up to 1300c. The total worth of all the orders are in excess of R500 000
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Well... I have a heap of them on offer at higher prices and none of them have been touched. So...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
those must be very optimistic prices then thresh :)
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Nope. I think it's that SBK doesn't allow the trade at more than a certain percentage away from the market spot.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Naomi thinks its the best gold buy out there,what with the Rand falling,it should provide good dividends....also see her list on.... 2010plusstocktrends.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
TheInvestor
Contributor
SimonPB, could you shed some light on this?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I have no insight and did not see the trades .. somebody either trying to move price by hitting the offers, but as showed they just come back when the buyer steps out .. or an rookie not knowing what they doing
0 Kudos