Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Larry Williams Indicators

john_1
Super Contributor
Hi There Chartist , Tango and you other tec buffs, Dou you guys use or pay attention to the larry williams indicator. I have been back testing a short term trading system with it and I am getting quite excited. I am keen to hear your view on it.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Tango
Super Contributor
Hi.. don't know it at all, but will take a look. Only using price, volume, RSI, and oscillators for OB/OS (SIROC is good, but stoch or other work too)
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Are you using it for overbought/oversold levels at -20/-80? what are you using for trade triggers? I took a quick look and it seems fine, but quite a 'jagged' oscillator. SimonPB tipped me off to the SIROC, which is Elder's Smoothed Index Rate Of Change. Here is a link to the Amibroker AFL - http://blogs.24.com/ViewBlog.aspx?blogid=4251e6e8-51a2-41e1-8307-e9f06294e71d
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Although I have bought amibroker I dont use it I use market web ( wich has limitations one of which is no siroc) I have been looking at triggers to buy on the cross of the 20% on the way down and a sell on the cross of 80% on the way up great entry points but gets you out to early, trying to find a way of staying in it longer, the thing I like is very few losing trades.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
you don't have to use the same indicator to get you in and out of a trade. You can use MA's to determine primary trend (should bias you towards long or short trades on a particular share- 'trade the trend'), indicators for a trigger to go long or short, and then a trailing stop or trend-following system to keep you in the trade as long as possible/profitable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Tx! why did I not think of that, That seems like a really good plan will have a look. Truth is When I go back and look at the market over the last 2 years I question if I should try trade at all?
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos