Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Last of the BIG TIME traders???

ABuzz
Super Contributor
So who is the "clever" idiot who from 10h00 today decided to buy 1 share in a whole lot of companies. Haven't checked them all, but so far have seen BEG, STO, MKX etc
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
ABuzz
Super Contributor
the list goes on... AET, ABO, IMU, CEL, JDH, SNV .... Don't they realise that the brokerage fees are way more than the shares and they will never recover their costs/ Or do you just think they want to boast when they are in pubs that they own shares of every single company listed on the JSE?
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
well i have seen som1 buy ten shares 3% off the value and then saw folks piling in after the price drop... snneeaaky!
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
yes, but in most cases this dude bought up?
0 Kudos
Trader_Boy
Occasional Contributor
probably brokers trying to stimulate some trade
0 Kudos
Tuco
Contributor
Add to the list: also 1 share bought at TPC, ACC, ATR, PAL, TLM. It seems the guy is trying to buy 1 share each of the Alt X companies? Why???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Taking diversification to the extreme?
0 Kudos
Nello
Occasional Contributor
You buy one share and you get 3 tons of paper delivered to your doorstep every day. Remember Astral turning away journalists from their AGM because they did not own a share!
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Oh, so you think maybe it is a journalist trying to get a ticket to get into the AGMs. That's probably about the best explanation i have heard.
0 Kudos
SpanSpek
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
masterblaster
Contributor
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Raait, I own shares in 70 companies on the JSE, and you oaks ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That could be it. First rule of journalism: always follow the free scoff. All you have to do is eat more than the share cost you. If you spot the guy at the AGM shoving those mini-sausage rolls into his pockets, you have your man.
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
Now I heard it could be fund managers? Could it be?
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Yes, anything is possible. Maybe it is someone new setting themselves up as a fund manager and they want to state "shares owned by the fund ........"
0 Kudos