Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Lates News on Wez

Douww
Occasional Contributor
Is there any news on wez
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, another 52 week low .. an we knows what to do with that ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
At the risk of getting my head bitten off (and I am still learning). Am I right in assumeing, stay away from 52 week low shares?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip .. sell lows buy highs ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
seekay
That's just nasty Simon.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Seekay, can you please explain. If I was given unfavourable advice, can you please help me right. Many Thanks JA
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Apologies Simon, I read the post again. I'm afraid your joke went straight over my head the first time round. You have always given me great advice.
0 Kudos
JulzM
Regular Contributor
Buy Lows,sell Highs
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
OK, so tell me how to identify a low or a high .. use CPI for the high and AMS for the low ..
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
So if a share is in an uptrend you should buy high,sell higher. If you buy a share in a downtrend you are taking the risk of buying low and selling lower.Trying to call the bottom of a share in a downtrend is finger-burning stuff.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Tips? you are buying stocks based on tips? well here's my tip: open two watchlists, everytime a stocks hits an all time high put in a watchlist, every time a stock hits a 52 weeks low put it in a watchlist. Do this everyday. After 8 weeks check which stocks are in the money and you will know which stocks to buy and which ones to avoid. By the way WEZ hit a 52 weeks low on 25/10/2011 at 154. since then it has fallen a further 28% whereas (eg) AVI hit an all time high of 2420 on 16/08/2010 and has rallied 95% since then.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice will be doing so on the double. To explain my post: I originaly was interesed in the comment by Simon in which he says "you know what to do" in response to the share that hit a 52 week low. All I wanted to know is if one would steer clear of a 52 week low share, as it is at this level for a reason. The comment about unfavourable advice was brought on by the post that inferred that the advice given to me was incorrect with respect to buying a share that is hitting a 52 week HIGH. Which to me makes sense as this share is at a 1 year high for a reason. thus would be saffer to buy at than one in the duldrums. I do not act on tips but always listen to advice given. My method is to focus on shares that pay a dividend of 4% min and have a market cap greater than R20B. I buy before the announcement of he distribution to gain from the share rise on favourable trading updates and dont mind holding the shares after LDT untill the trading fees are recoved and the dividend is efectively "free" defore deductions and what have you. I was just curious to afirm my understanding of the matter of Highs and lows. However your sugestion of two watch lists has really sparked my interest.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
i think Julz means buy the dips?
0 Kudos
JulzM
Regular Contributor
Yes Rams,thats what i meant
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos