Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Latest with Datapro

Not applicable
Hi - anybody out there know why Datapro's taking such a hiding lately? Is it just a correction or is there something else. Much appreciated.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Too much focus on acquisitions, too little organic growth? not much reliance on talks with Altech?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think with the recent acquisitions they are going to show some very solid growth (August year end) as the companies they bought (Orion in particular) were "pumping" - so I am very confident and believe it is a "steal" at these levels
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Assuming optimistic earnings of 7.5 cps for the year to Aug' 07 (an increase of 123%) still leaves DTP on a rather rich historic PE of 32x (more than double the market) and on a forward PE in excess of 20x. Unless further paper-based acquisitions are made, the share is bound to disappoint on a one-year view as the rating will undoubtedly unwind further. Too highly rated stocks often generate below average returns. omo
0 Kudos
confused_about_
Occasional Contributor
I wouldn't go as far to say that Vox is taking a hiding lately. They are up from the 230-240 mark they have been down to. We need to remember that this share was over bought and went rediculously high (i think to 360) when everyone was speculating around whether they were about to be bought by telkom / Vodacom or Vodafone. Wait, be patient. This share should be at 250 by end of the year and is already there. So it should get to 350c by Dec 07 and then to 1000c by 2010. There is a cautionary, so take care. The deal is good as done and we should hear soon who it's with. My guess is Storm. Then who's next. Is it BCX, or who else. We should get to a point when the big boys are hunting and I sure they are just waiting, watching and will engage when they feel that Vox has got to the size and has the market and profitability they want - when pounce.
0 Kudos
jackandthebeans
Occasional Contributor
Look out for a lack of a trading update and that will be your clue to the lower share price...I am looking out for it around the 4th Oct.
0 Kudos