Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Lazy Long Signal?

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Has there been a lazy long trigger and confirmation this past two trading days or is it just me?
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
Not applicable
0 Kudos
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Dammit, I need to get that fixed . . .
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Are you maybe looking at the 15 /30 ema cross?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Yup and the price closing above the 15 ema.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
tis simple (an lazy) .. 30/60 sets direction .. then 15 is trigger, a cross of price and 15 is the trigger, you enter the day affter the cross of price 15 ..
0 Kudos
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
I think you are making the mistake of simply looking for a close above EMA 15 when EMA 30 is above EMA 60. Instead, you should be looking for a CROSS of close above EMA 15 when EMA 30 is above EMA 60. In the past two days the cross (Close > EMA 15) took place before EMA 30 was above EMA 60. Thus, no trigger.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
No - I think he is just looking at the ema 15 cross 30 - and forgot that the cross is ema 30/60.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think he is chasing a trade rather than waiting for a trade. Simple! its lazy, let it come to you.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
The way I see it we are actually still confirmed for a short - though we're stopped out - and with a gap trade at play, this is a great place to enter a short.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I looked at the 15 over 30 and 30 over 60 but forgot about the cross from below to over the 15. Apologies for the late response. For the past two days OST has been slow and erratic (other websites are fine) on my side. I havn't been able to post till now.. . . Simon: yesterday I had a margin call and close out of my stx40 SSF shorts. Before this happened, I contacted the call centre and spoke about adding extra margin. I did add this margin but the auto close out went through anyway. I did email OST but not sure if it has gotten through. I'm unable to check my account but can you check if the extra margin payment has gotten through. If so let me know why the close out. Thanx
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
A little confused. How do you guys manage to get 3 EMA's on your chart?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
here you can't .. so do two and then 1, as they are two seperate parts of the system ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sorry, just wondering if there is anywhere on the site where it explains the whole lazy system? Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I do em in a pairwise fashion. First the 15/30 and the 30/60.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
why 15 and 30 together ?? they not used in conjunction ..
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Lol - Lets add this to the frequently asked questions!
0 Kudos