Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Lazy Long Trigger

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Anyone looking out for a lazy long trigger at 4:30 today?
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Not applicable
whats a lazy long trigger?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Its a trigger thats lazy and long.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Youd probably need that today and wednesday end in green...for trigger
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
This is going to be a difficult one with the break tomorrow. How's your 4/7sma system doing?
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
HG, I would be very wary of any long positions now.....Dow needs a serious short term retracement before going much further.......I think 11280 mark will be hard to pass withouty some sort of correction. If you are going long I would make sure all positions are closed overnight.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Epic fail HG, I quit trading three months ago, and started my own system of investing my nett salary every two months an living debt free. I have become a very peacefull and richer man since, and my wife doesnt beat me as hard as she used to...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks moosedawg - would never have guessed that :-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks moosedawg - would never have guessed that :-)
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
Hi JD - Its kind of complicated, but this is how it goes. 1. Long trade: a. Trigger: i. The price crosses the 15 day EMA from below. ii. The 15 day EMA is above the 30 day EMA. iii. The 30 day EMA is above the 60 day EMA. b. Confirmation: i. The price, at 16:30, is higher than the previous day's close. c. Conditions: i. If the next day the price is above its 15 day EMA but below the previous day's close, the trigger is still active. Wait for the price to be above its previous day's close at 16h30. ii. If the price moved below its 15 day EMA, the trigger is cancelled. iii. If the 30 day EMA is higher than the 60 day EMA, the primary direction is bullish. d. Stop loss and exit: i. Until you reach breakeven, use a 20% trailing stop. ii. Thereafter, a lower low signals your exit. 2. Short trade: a. Trigger: i. The price crosses the 15 day EMA from above. ii. The 15 day EMA is below the 30 day EMA. iii. The 30 day EMA is below the 60 day EMA. b. Confirmation: The price, at 16:30, is lower than the previous day's close. c. Conditions: i. If the next day the price is below its 15 day EMA but above the previous day's close, the trigger is still active. Wait for the price to be below its previous day's close at 16:30 the following day. ii. If the price moved above its 15 day EMA, the trigger is cancelled. iii. If the 30 day EMA is lower than the 60 day EMA, the primary trend is bearish. d. Stop loss and exit: i. Until you reach breakeven, use a 20% trailing stop. ii. Thereafter, a higher high signals your exit.
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
PS: Sorry - forgot to mention that it is normally only used on the Topi
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Had to pop out in the afternoon. Has there been a trigger?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Between the PIIGS and the banksters, I recon this holiday just saved a whole lot of lazy longs from getting schlonged!
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Can safely say that the trigger is cancelled?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
HG - Don't forget that Simon does a column at TickerTalk.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Thanks Saash. Please can you post the link again. Kinda lost it. Looks like I'll have to register for another forum - feeds the internet addiction.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
0 Kudos